of 21 November, management of the health professions: corresponds
the pharmacists 'activities directed at the production, conservation and delivery "
of medicines, as well as collaboration in the analytical process, pharmacotherapy
and public health monitoring"."
CIN/2137/2008, of 3 July, which lays down requirements for the verification
of official university qualifications that enable for the exercise of the profession
pharmaceutical: established competences that students of Pharmacy
they should acquire:
- Identify, design, obtain, analyze, control, and produce drugs and medicines,
as well as other products and raw materials of health interest of human use and
- Assess the therapeutic and toxic effects of substances with pharmacological activity.
- Learn to apply the scientific method and acquire skills in the management of legislation,
sources of information, bibliography, developing protocols and other aspects
that it considered necessary for the design and critical evaluation of preclinical trials
- Design, prepare, supply and dispense medicines and other products of interest
- Provide therapeutic drug therapy and diet therapy, as well as the field Council
nutritional and food establishments that serve.
- Promote the rational use of medicines and healthcare products, as well as to acquire
Basic knowledge of clinical management, economics of health and efficient use of
- Identify, evaluate and control problems related to drugs and medicines,
as well as participate in pharmacovigilance activities.
- Carry out the activities of social and clinical pharmacy, following the cycle of
- Intervene in the activities of promotion of health, prevention of disease,
at the individual, family and community level with a comprehensive and multi-professional view
the process health - disease.
- Design, implement and evaluate reagents, methods and clinical analytical techniques, knowing
the basic fundamentals of the clinical analyses and features and content
the opinions of laboratory Diagnostics.
- To assess the toxicological effects of substances and designing and implementing the tests
and corresponding analysis.
- Develop hygienic analysis - health especially the related with the
Food and environment.
- Develop skills of communication and information, both oral and written,
to deal with patients and users of the Centre to play where his professional activity.
Promote work and collaboration capabilities in multidisciplinary teams
and those related to other health professionals.
- Learn about the ethical and deontological principles according to the legislative provisions,
regulations and administrative governing professional practice, understanding
the ethical implications of health in context of social transformation.
- Recognize the limitations and the need to maintain and update the competition
Professional, giving special importance to the self-learning of new knowledge
based on the available scientific evidence.
Postgraduate and specialisation
A) postgraduate studies
Postgraduate studies aim to deepen the academic training,
Professional or graduate researcher. They can be of two types:
- Master: aims to the acquisition by the student of a training
Advanced, specialised or multidisciplinary character specialization-oriented
academic or professional, either to promote the initiation in research tasks.
They have a duration between 60 and 120 ECTS (System European of transfer credits
of credits), or what is the same, one to two academic years.
- PhD: is named to the third cycle of university education
conducive to the acquisition of competences and skills related with the
quality scientific research. The overcoming of the teachings of doctorate
It will give right to obtain the degree of Doctor or doctor.
On the other hand, there are other training courses taught by companies or
specialized institutes, institutions and entities, and make it easier for the graduate its
"Continuing professional development" (DPC).
The General Council of Provincial Pharmacy Chambers, offers professionals
Pharmacy courses included in your
National Plan for Continuing Education.
(B) specialized health training (FIR)
Once completes the degree in pharmacy, you can opt to health training
Specialized for the obtaining of the corresponding title of pharmacist specialist.
Is published annually in the Official Gazette the official provision by which approves the
offer of squares and the call for selective tests for access to places
health education for doctors, pharmacists, nurses and other
Graduate/University graduates in the field of psychology, chemistry, the
Biology and physics.
FIR PORTALFARMA space
Once he graduated and, where appropriate, specializes, pharmaceutical professional can
work in the public sector or in the private sector.
In the case of the public sector, through what is known traditionally as
"Opposition", the pharmacist can access different management jobs
of the State, autonomous communities and local entities. Examples include: hospitals
and primary care, technicians of the Ministry of health / AEMPS / AECOSAN, inspectors,
Public health, customs, military or prison institutions, teaching technicians
high chamber or University, municipal laboratories, etc.
As for the private sector, the main professional options are:
- Pharmacy: It is exerted by more professional output
Graduate / graduates in pharmacy. Health legislation recognizes the following
activities: holder, Deputy, Regent and substitute. More information:
Community pharmacy in Spain
- Hospital pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical and other manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical distribution
- Clinical laboratory: Clinical analysis, biochemistry, Parasitology and microbiology,
- Other: Teaching and research, in commercial veterinary pharmaceutical and
livestock groups, environment, etc.